As far as the organisation of a speech is concerned, you need to organise your speech in a logical way. Indeed, another way of thinking about organisation is that it is the logical order in which things are done. If you want your speech to go well, it is vital that you organise it logically. A well-organised speech, that is, a speech that has its main ideas arranged in a logical sequence, has advantages for both the speaker and the audience. It makes it easier for your listeners to follow your ideas and remember them, and it reduces the risk that you will forget what you want to say.
Structure of the Speech
A speech (or presentation) generally falls into three parts, the introduction, the main body and the conclusion (beginning, middle and end). Each of these serves an integral and essential role with its own unique function. The body of the speech is the biggest and is where the majority of information is transferred. Consequently, it requires careful thought and consideration as well as some imagination to organize the body of a speech effectively.
To aid in planning the body of your speech, it can be helpful to make use of concepts and themes which run through the body of your speech, providing structure and tying thoughts together in unified manner. This is not to say that your delivery must be uniform throughout. For example, a speaker might use several characters from a popular movie, television series or play to illustrate how a proposal might impact people in various roles within an organisation. The characters and the attitudes they portray may differ significantly but their common source provides a unifying factor that the audience will pick up and appreciate.
The time to consider the way to organize the body of your speech is after you have selected and ordered the points you want to make. The best “organizers” act as a mechanism for the audience to grasp and remember what you say. Organizers make it easier to provide continuity between opening, body and ending. They help you connect with the audience quickly and are an aid to remembering the points you wish to make, allowing you to deliver the speech with minimum use of notes.
Here are a few ideas for organizing a speech. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses and some may work better than others for a given topic or setting. They can be used individually or in combination. The list is far from complete and you should feel free to get creative and come up with your own ideas.
- Acronyms: Organise your speech around an acronym, with the individual letters representing a keyword, which summarizes a component of your presentation. If at all possible, choose a word which is related in some way to your topic.
- Colour: Colour can be used to organise a presentation and then be coordinated with props, visual aids and handouts. As an added bonus, many topics have associations with a particular colour (environment – green) or have colour as an important component (fine art, interior decoration). In such cases, using colour as an organisational aid is quick and easy as well as being intuitively clear to your audience.
- Issues: Issues can be financial, aesthetic, philosophical or political among others and can serve to simplify complex topics defuse areas where the audience has strong opinions or high emotions.
- Opinions: Many topics have distinct vantage points, depending upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, factors such as age, gender, political affiliation, faith, job function, etc. Exploring different viewpoints can be excellent for political topics or topics related to changes in the workplace.
- People: People can be actual, mythical, historical, political, or stereotypical. As with the illustration above, don’t overlook wellknown characters from literature, movies or television shows. You may also consider using characters based on stereotypical group behaviours. Examples of each of these include politicians, police detectives, teenagers and their concerned parents. Using characters can make for great entertaining speeches, which derive humour from human frailties.
- Places: People have a strong sense of place and often make generic associations with specific types of geography or with specific locations. Many topics, such as travel or history, are place-specific.
- Problems and solutions: This is a good all-purpose organisation and an excellent choice for emerging topics. It is flexible in that you do not necessarily need the same number of solutions as you have problems.
- Shapes and patterns: Use shapes such as circles, squares, or triangles for identification and to illustrate relationships and how things work.
- Storylines: Use a universal plot from literature, mythology, classic movies, popular novels or nursery rhymes. Alternatively, real stories and life experiences can make for powerful narratives.
- Time: Try using themes from the past, present and future for topics that change over time. Create a project time line and compare it to significant calendar units such as the fiscal year. For a clearer analysis, we present the Basic Structure of a Speech thus:
All speeches contain at least three parts:
- A conclusion
- A Body
- An Introduction
In the Introduction, you state the topic of your speech. You tell the audience the main points of your speech. In other words, you say what you are going to speak about.
In the Body, you speak about each point in detail. For each point you must give the audience some evidence or information that will help explain and support each point. The Body is the longest of the three parts.
In the Conclusion, you should summarise the main points of your speech, and emphasise what you want the audience to remember.
Thank you for content. Area rugs and online home decor store. Hello Administ .
LAVITA RICCA INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENT*
*NO MORE EXCUSES*
1. I don’t have money
2. I can’t talk to people
3. I don’t do stuff like this
4. I’m too Busy
Your excuses may be legit but they won’t improve your Life.
• *Lavita Ricca Investment is Fully Registered with with FGN. with RC NO 1582489( For those Who Think Lavita Ricca is Not Registered)* *Contact Administrator Management Mrs. Elizabeth Tina On *(09036369810)
*Lavita Ricca Investment is a platform network that deal with investing of money just within 45 minutes you will get back your money double*
*Lavita Ricca PACKAGE’S*
*======== = = ========*
*I know you are skeptical about this because of the negative experience a lot of issues as regards scamming in the MMM. I assure you 101% that you won’t lose your money this is because I know the risk of this profit oriented business and I know how to avoid them using my trading skills and signals to make only wins and no losses.*
*Are u a worker?*
￼ *Are u a student looking for your school fees? Are u a woman looking for money to pay your children school fees?*
￼ *Are u jobless and u need where u can make source of income?*..
￼ *Lavita Ricca Investment is here for you! With a little amount u can earn and make more more source of income without any problems*
￼ *Lavita Ricca Investment is a platform network that deal with investing of money just within 45mins you will get back your money double*
*Thank you for your time you can click on the link below to get started, please only serious minded people are expected to message the administrator.( 09036369810 )