Nigerian Navy Recruitment of Graduates & HND Holders for Direct Service – Nigerian Navy will begin recruitment of graduates and HND holders into the Direct Short Service Commission tomorrow 3rd October, 2019.
The Nigerian Navy will commence the enlistment of graduates and HND holders into the Direct Short Service Commission.
Navy Director of Information, Commodore Suleman Dahun, announced this in a statement on Wednesday in Abuja.
Dahun said interested applicants, who must be Nigerians by birth, should possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for first degree holders and Upper Credit for HND holders.
“Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 metres tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 metres in height.
“Applicants must possess NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate and should be between 22 and 28 years by Feb. 20, 2020,
“Except for Imams, Chaplains and Medical Consultants who should not exceed 30 years and 40 years respectively by Feb. 20, 2020,” he said.
Dahun said guidelines for the enlistment could be accessed on the Nigerian Navy Enlistment Portal: www.joinnigeriannavy.com.
He said the portal will remain open till Nov. 14, 2019 for interested candidates to apply online.
“Candidates are to note that all the processes ranging from online registration, aptitude test and the selection interview are free of charge,” he said.
He advised candidates to be wary of scammers and refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
Nigerian Navy recruitment 2019 portal – Requirements & how to apply
Anyone who is going to apply should use the joinnigeriannavy.com because this is the only official Nigerian Navy e-Recruitment portal for the recruitment 2019 process.
Here are the main steps you should follow to join the NAF recruitment 2019:
- Step 1. You need to visit the official Nigerian Navy portal.
- Step 2. Read the list of requirements and be sure you are eligible to apply.
Here are the things that make you eligible:
- The Nigerian Armed Forces (NAF recruitment 2019) is for Nigerians only; foreigners are not allowed.
- If you are applying for regular qualification, you should be from 18 to 22 years old (these are the age limits set for the time the candidate gets into the training school).
- Those citizens who wish to apply with NCE, Nursing, ICT or other higher qualification can apply from 24-26 years old only.
- Are you married? Do not apply. Only single men and women who have no children are eligible to join the Navy.
- In case you have a criminal conviction, you cannot be a part of the organisation, so do not fill out the form since only citizens who do not have criminal records are allowed.
- Your health should be excellent if you are planning to submit your recruitment form (in case you have eye problems or heart disease, ear issues, mental disorders, physical disabilities, etc. avoid this exercise).
- Women should be at least 1.67 meters high to apply.
- All male applicants have to be at least 1.70 meters tall to be eligible.
- It is necessary to be educated and to have your diploma (General Certificate or Secondary School Diploma) and credits for NECO/NABTEB/OND/NIN or other examinations.
- However, if you have BA/BSC, HND or other higher education diploma, you cannot send your application form and take part in the recruitment exercise.
- Make sure to select the profession according to your qualification. You can choose from the list of 32 available categories, including engineer, electrical artificer, marine mechanics, computer, journalist, seaman, fireman, caterer, medical assistant, nurse, and many others.
- Step 3. Fill out the Nigerian Navy recruitment form 2019.
- Step 4. Submit your document online. Once you complete and submit your Nigerian Navy recruitment form 2019, you should print it out. Keep your copy because once you are chosen as a shortlisted candidate, you will need to show it.
- Step 5. Make sure you have printed out two essential forms. They are your Local Government attestation and Parent or Guardian consent forms. You will need to fill them out as well.
- Step 6. Take all your original documents and their copies and visit the recruitment centre in your state. You will have to bring passport photographs, birth certificate, signed forms (the ones you have downloaded in the previous step), your test results (for WAEC and NECO), etc.
- Step 7. Keep your fingers crossed and hope that your name will be added to the shortlisted candidates this year. You should also wait for the Nigerian Navy website to announce the date of your Recruitment Aptitude Test.
After giving you all this information about Nigerian Navy recruitment 2019, all I can now say is: Good luck! But be sure to list all your certificates, diplomas, and qualification documents because when you become selected as a successful candidate for the Navy in our country, you will not be allowed to change this information, add more documents, etc.
Besides, you have to be honest and provide only real information and documents so that you are not disqualified.Do you need high paying jobs in Nigeria? If yes Submit your CV here and stand a chance of landing your dream job!