Jobs in Kenya: Accountant II Job. Nairobi County (8 Posts) – Salary Scale: Kshs.46,230 x 2,120 – 48,350 x 2,460 – 50,810 x 2,560 x 53,370 x 2,660 – 56,030 x 2,830 – 58,860x 2,980 – 61,840p.m.
House Allowance Kshs. 28,000 p.m
Commuter Allowance Kshs. 8,000 p.m
An Officer at this level will be deployed in the Accounts Department.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Applying sound principles, systems and techniques in accounting for finances, assets, revenue, expenditure and costs.
- Processing payments
- Carrying out bank reconciliation.
- Prepare draft responses to audit queries from internal and external audit.
- Define staff and MCAs in IFMIS.
- Update supplier details in IFMIS
- Ensuring expenditures are within the voted allocations;
- Submitting statutory returns to the relevant Bodies.
- Processing imprest surrenders
- Preparing and verifying financial reports which include monthly expenditure, returns, monthly bank reconciliation statements, revenue/AIA returns, cash flow statements, analysis of deposits and
- Maintenance of up to date and accurate books of accounts;
- Safeguarding Assembly assets and records in the County Assembly; and
- Planning directing, coordinating, supervising operations in the area of deployment;
- Ensuring safe custody of government assets and records
- Timely and accurate preparation of quality management reports.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Served for three (3) years in Job Group ‘L’ in the Public Service or in a relevant position ;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance / Commerce or related field.
- Currently registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK holder).
- A certificate in a Supervisory Course from a recognized institution;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- KRA Clearance Certificate
- Compliance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Department of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- EACC clearance.
- Candidates with foreign degrees MUST obtain accreditation from the commission of Higher Education of Kenya.
Please note that
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted and will be required to produce originals documents during the interview.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to make their applications by completing one NCCASB application form. The form may be downloaded from the Nairobi City County Assembly’s website www.nairobiassembly.go.ke.
Applicants are required to submit their applications, duly completed NCCASB application form together application letter, certified copies of certificates, testimonials, copy of Identity Card and a detailed CV indicating current day time telephone number and full contact details of three referees. The application should be delivered in a sealed envelope marked vacancy no. and the position and the specific area applied for and HAND DELIVERED to the office of the Clerk, Nairobi City County Assembly located at Main City Hall, 2nd floor Room 273 so as to reach him not later than 19th February, 2019 at 5:00pm.
Nairobi City County Assembly Service Board
P.O Box 45844-00100
valid through: 02/19/2019
location: nairobi, kenya
Employment Type: FULL_TIMEJob Category: Accounting Jobs In Kenya, County Government Jobs In KenyaEmployer(S): Accounts Officer Jobs In Kenya, NAIROBI COUNTY JOBS
Be the first to comment