Complete guide on how to apply for Austria Student Visa in Nigeria (2019) – You need to apply for Austria student visa in Nigeria to enable you to study in the country. Austria is a winter sports capital of Europe that is particularly popular among summer tourists. It is also an important destination for foreigners looking to study in Europe. Many Nigerian students have traveled to Austria to study and so can you. Learn how to apply for Austria student visa in Nigeria to do this – see visa application guide for other countries here.
Austria may be relatively small, but it offers many reasons you will need to study in the country. Her universities rank very highly in the world. These universities are divided into two semesters which are the winter and summer sessions. Their academic year starts around October and ends around September the next year. Meanwhile, Austria also offers one of the best standards of living in the world.
What is Austria Student Visa in Nigeria?
A Nigerian with the intention of studying in Austria will need to get a visa or a resident permit. The visa needed is the visa type D which is a non-immigrant visa for individuals with the intention of studying in an Austria institution. It is meant for a short period of six months while you will need to get a student residence permit alongside the student visa if you intend to stay for a longer period of time. It is issued by the Austrian authorities. Austrian visa application can be very easy when you take the right steps.
Who Can Apply for Austria Student Visa in Nigeria?
You have the freedom to apply for Austria student visa as long as you meet the requirements. Unlike countries that have signed and implemented the European Union treaty and enjoy borderless relationship with Austria, Nigeria does not.
A citizen of a Schengen state does not have to apply for visa before visiting Austria. All Schengen states are situated in Europe. But, you should know that not all EU members have signed the Schengen treat and not all members of the European Union are members of Schengen. This implies that there may not be immigration checks but there may be spot customs checks.
What are the Required Documents to Apply for Austria Student Visa in Nigeria?
To get Austria student visa in Nigeria can be equally easy and difficult. It depends on how informed you are and how you are able to use the information you get.
There are different documents that are required of you before you apply for any visa to Austria depending on the purpose of the travel. The following are documents that you are required to get in order to apply for Austria student visa:
– Photograph: you will need to get two recent colour photographs that show your full face. You must ensure that the photographs are clear with a plain background and with a dimension of 35-40mm.
– Passport: You must ensure that your passport is valid and not anyone that will expire anytime soon. You are advised to get a passport that is valid for at least 6 months of your stay. The passport should also have a minimum of two pages of blank spaces for the visa.
– Admission Letter/Proof of Admission from an Austrian Institution: Your admission letter should come from the school which offers you admission. This will help to confirm your admission status.
– Cover Letter/Motivation Letter: This bears your motive for studying in an Austrian institution and your plans after your study period. The letter gives you a chance to convince the Austrian immigration authorities that they can trust you with their student visa. Need help? CLICK HERE
– Proofs: Note that you will be asked to present proof of sufficient funds in your account. This will be helpful for a scholarship grant. The bank statement or a cheque will be issued by your bank. You can also present that of your parent in case you do not have anyone. In some cases, you may be asked to show proof of grant or tuition payment which has covered school fees for intending students of their country.
– Proof of health insurance: You will also be made to show proof of health insurance. The health insurance should cover the period of time you wish to stay in Austria.
– Certificates: You will also show certificates that show you have not committed any offense. This certificate can be gotten from the police station. It is also called Police report.
– Proof of flight reservation: This document shows the name of an airline and your PNR (Passenger Name Record). It carries your time of departure from Nigeria and arrival in Austria. Your flight reservation must be genuine and verifiable. CLICK HERE for your flight reservation.
– Proof of accommodation: You will also need to tender a proof of accommodation. This is usually a confirmation from an Austrian hotel stating your duration of temporary stay. CLICK HERE to order for hotel reservation for only NGN 5,000.
How to Book Appointment for Austria student visa in Nigeria
When applying for Austria student visa, you do not need to bother about appointment booking. At the moment, Vfs Global Limited handles Austria visa application on behalf of the Austrian authorities. And Vfs Global allows applicants to submit their applications on arrival.
However, the Austrian embassy may call you for interview after you have submitted your application through Vfs Global.
How to Apply for Austria student visa in Nigeria: Step by Step
1- Secure an Admission into an Austria institute of learning
This step is likely going to take the largest chunk of your time. Before proceeding with the visa application steps, it is essential that you have secured an admission first. The best way to do this is to apply for admission into about four or five schools in Austria. If you have already secured admission, you can move on to other steps.
2- Gather all documents
Get all the necessary documents needed to process of the Austria student visa in Nigeria. Make photocopies of all the documents because you will need to submit the photocopied documents at the embassy. Also, get the application form. It should be filled in block letters (capital letter) and signed by you. You should also get hotel reservation and bank statement showing proof of sufficient funds.
3- Submit all documents at Vfs Global
You do not have to book an appointment to submit your application for student visa. The Austrian embassy has partnered with Vfs Global Limited for easy Austrian visa application in Nigeria.
Visit Vfs in Lagos or Abuja to submit your application whenever you are ready. Their office addresses are presented below:
Lagos office: Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I – Lagos.
Abuja office: Denmark Visa Application Center, 38 Lobito Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja Nigeria.
You are expected to wait for one to four weeks for the process and approval of your student visa. When you think that your application is delayed, you can track your visa application. You can prevent yourself from the stress of passport collection when a decision has been made on your application by subscribing for text message and courier delivery. These services attract additional charges.
4- Track your visa application
After submitting your visa application, you have the opportunity to monitor your application stage by stage. To do this, CLICK HERE. Additionally, bear in mind that you may be requested to visit the Austrian embassy in Nigeria for an interview. So, you must prepare ahead for this.
5- Collect your passport
Once you have the notification that your passport is ready, you can visit the Vfs Global branch office where you have submitted your application. Go along with your receipt and an identity card to claim your passport.
FAQs on How to Apply for Austria Student Visa in Nigeria
Austria student visa in Nigeria can be gotten easily when you go through the right channel and know the necessary information needed. Below are answers to some vital questions which will help facilitate the process of Austria student visa in Nigeria.
How much is Austria student visa?
The cost of applying for Austria student visa in Nigeria is around €80 for adults and €50 for minors. It will cost an additional payment of €100 to get residence permits. The Issuing Authority in Austria is in charge of issuing residence permits. Note that this is the correct price at the time of this writing. But it is subjected to change. So, you are expected to make proper inquiry on how much Austria student visa in Nigeria will cost at the time you wish to start your application process.
Moreover, you can use NaijaGoingAbroad online visa fee calculator to know your visa fees. CLICK HERE.
How can I get Austria visa application form?
Application for Austria student visa in Nigeria is done through the VFS Global in Nigeria. You can download the application form online from their official website or you CLICK HERE.
How long will my visa take?
The processing of visa may take about 1 – 4 weeks after application and appointment. Therefore, you should get the required documents so that the visa process will not be delayed.
Austria wants foreign students who wish to study in their country to do so, which is why the application process is opened in the first place. But to ensure that it becomes successful and stress-free, you need to adhere to their instructions and guidelines.
Now that you have gotten the necessary information on how to apply for Austria student visa in Nigeria, the next step is for you to start the procedure.
If you have not taken our free visa eligibility test, we advise you take the test now in order to properly plan your application.