Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program 2020 for Social Entrepreneurs – Africa Young Entrepreneur Support Program 2020 – Young social entrepreneurs are invited to apply for Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program 2020. The deadline for submission of applications is 13th October, 2019.
The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program is a 6-month funded intensive entrepreneurship, leadership and business training that provides early stage social entrepreneurs of under the age of 30 years, with the resources they need to discover opportunities, unlock their potential and create impact in their local communities.
The program seeks to identify, inspire and empower 25 young social entrepreneurs to recognize opportunities, explore innovative approaches, mobilize resources, manage risks, and build viable social enterprises. The program will also invest a minimum total of $15000 in grant funding to top fellows during the program.
Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program Eligibility.
The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program is looking for self-starters, leaders, change makers who are building viable businesses and creating impact in their local communities and beyond. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The venture must be solving a clear problem in the community
- There must be a viable and tested solution already in place (not just an idea)
- The social venture should have a viable business model
- The venture should have at least some paying customers or making a revenue in the past 6 months.
- There should be ambition by the founder of the venture to grow to achieve large scale impact
- The applicant can commit to attend weekly sessions (every Saturday) in Nairobi from November 2019 to April 2020
- The applicant can commit to do weekly tasks in relation to their venture
- The applicant must be working either full time or at least 30 hrs per week in their venture
- The applicant must be below 30 years of age when applying
- The venture is legally registered in Kenya or in the process of registration
Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program Benefits.
- Leadership and Business Acumen Skills: The hands-on training sessions delivered by experienced facilitators are tailored to help you become a great entrepreneurial leader equipped with skills that are vital in helping your venture grow
- Build & Grow Your venture: The practical and real-world sessions by entrepreneurs and facilitators mean you get to apply what you are learning each week to your venture while getting feedback to help you grow and your venture grow
- Access Funding up to $15,000 USD: At the end of the 12-weeks program, 3 fellows will be selected to immediately receive up to $15,000 USD in grants, which is a zero-equity funding. You will also be connected to other funding opportunities available
- Access Networks, Mentors & opportunities: As part of the program, you will connect deeper with other social entrepreneurs, mentors and other entrepreneurship ecosystem players, including exclusive opportunities and workshops
- Access 3 Months Co-working space: Participants for the program will receive a 3-month membership that will give them full access to work from a co-working space so as to grow their ventures. Teams can enjoy this during the program
- Bespoke Startups Services: Entrepreneurs will have access to startup services such as accounting, legal, sales, talent at a subsidized rate as being part of the program. Teams to also receive follow up investment.
How to Apply for Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Be the first to comment