Administrative and Finance Assistant at the United Nations – The United Nations is the one international organization with the reach and vision capable of solving global problems. The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women’s empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative and Finance Assistant
Job Opening Number: 19-United Nations Environment Programme-112232-Individual Contractor
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Expected duration: Initial appointment of 6 months, with possibility of extension.
Department/Office: United Nations Environment Programme
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Result of Service
- The Administrative and Finance Assistant will provide administrative support to UNEP’s team in Port Harcourt.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the United Nations system-designated entity for addressing environmental issues at the global and regional level. Its mandate is to coordinate the development of environmental policy consensus by keeping the global environment under review and bringing emerging issues to the attention of governments and the international community for action.
- The Crisis Management Branch delivers high quality environmental expertise to national governments and partners in the UN family. Field based assessments of the environmental impact of crises form the core of UN Environment’s conflict and disaster management operations. However, as the international community has shifted its focus from post-crisis intervention to crisis prevention, the branch has also expanded its operational range, adding disaster risk reduction and environmental cooperation for peacebuilding to its core services of post-crisis environmental assessment and recovery.
- The region of Ogoniland, in the Niger Delta of Nigeria, has suffered from widespread environmental contamination due to oil production during several decades. UN Environment assessed the extent and severity of the hydrocarbon contamination in a report published in 2011: soil, sediments, groundwater, surface water, mangroves, and swaps ecosystems were particularly affected, and alarming public health impacts on the population were highlighted. UN Environment evaluated that ecosystems remediation could take up to 30 years, and estimated the costs of ecosystem remediation to up to USD 1 billion for the first 5 years of activities.
- The Federal State of Nigeria has committed to follow UN Environment’s recommendations, by creating the Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project (HYPREP), a dedicated institution to undertake the clean-up process under the Federal Ministry of Environment. However, the process of establishment of this institution has stalled for several years, and only recently the institution had its initial budget approved and entered the planning phase of decontamination work.
- UN Environment is proposing a project which will assist HYPREP and its Governing Council to discharge their responsibilities better. The project is designed in response to a request from the Government and the agreement has already been signed with the Government of Nigeria. This project comes as an integral part of UN Environments continuing support to the Government of Nigeria to clean up the environmental contamination in Nigeria and achieve lasting peace in the region. While this current project is for a duration of one year, it is clear that UN Environment’s technical support to Government of Nigeria will continue until the implementation of the original UN Environment report is completed.
- To support this work, UNEP is seeking to appoint an Adminstrative and Finance Assistant to work in the UNEP Liaison Office being set up in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. The Terms of Reference for this position is given below.
- Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions, e.g., budget/work programme, human resources and database management, etc.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively in English.
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience.
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Planning and Organizing:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies.
- Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required.
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning.
- Uses time efficiently.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. University degree in business administration or equivalent is desirable. Technical training in Accounting, Finance is desirable.
- A minimum of six (6) years of work experience in the field of business administration using financial and programme systems is a requirement.
- Good knowledge of financial and administrative rules and regulations is an advantage.
- Experience working with the UN and/or international organisations is an advantage.
- English is the working languages of the UNEP Office in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- The ability to speak one, or more, of the four Ogoni languages is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
LAVITA RICCA INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENT*
*NO MORE EXCUSES*
1. I don’t have money
2. I can’t talk to people
3. I don’t do stuff like this
4. I’m too Busy
Your excuses may be legit but they won’t improve your Life.
• *Lavita Ricca Investment is Fully Registered with with FGN. with RC NO 1582489( For those Who Think Lavita Ricca is Not Registered)* *Contact Administrator Management Mrs. Elizabeth Tina On *(09036369810)
*Lavita Ricca Investment is a platform network that deal with investing of money just within 45 minutes you will get back your money double*
*Lavita Ricca PACKAGE’S*
*======== = = ========*
*I know you are skeptical about this because of the negative experience a lot of issues as regards scamming in the MMM. I assure you 101% that you won’t lose your money this is because I know the risk of this profit oriented business and I know how to avoid them using my trading skills and signals to make only wins and no losses.*
*Are u a worker?*
￼ *Are u a student looking for your school fees? Are u a woman looking for money to pay your children school fees?*
￼ *Are u jobless and u need where u can make source of income?*..
￼ *Lavita Ricca Investment is here for you! With a little amount u can earn and make more more source of income without any problems*
￼ *Lavita Ricca Investment is a platform network that deal with investing of money just within 45mins you will get back your money double*
*Thank you for your time you can click on the link below to get started, please only serious minded people are expected to message the administrator.( 09036369810 )
GOOD DAY SIR/MA
HAVE YOU HELD ABOUT RICH CONNECT TRUST INVESTMENT…?
RICH CONNECT TRUST INVESTMENT is a matrix system which give you DOUBLE of your CAPITAL back in ( 45 Minutes ) after Registrations
RICH CONNECT PACKAGES
NOTE: we credit your account after 45mins of Your Registeration
RICH CONNECT TRUST Investment is a company duely registered under the Coporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria and certified fraud free to do business in Nigeria by the Economic Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). This is a Nigerian network marketing company founded by Okafor Alex Monye with it’s Head Quarter’s. The company takes pride in the fact that it stands out amongst other network marketing companies. It has the best compensation plan, affordable and effective services, systems that keeps her customers coming back for more. When you join this company, you get more than their outstanding services.
ITS SIMPLE HERE!!!!!!!
We trade with hard currency here like bit coin we make 3tripple of your donation and send you you two part and we benefit one part Example if you invest with 100k within 45mins we make profit of 300k then send 200k to you then profit 100k This is not mmm where they merge people to donate for each other
You pay directly to us and we credit you directly
Contact Mr. GOODLUCK TIMOTHY
NOTE:- YOU GET CREDITED BACK IN LESS THAN 45 MINUTES.
CHAT US-UP IF INTEREST FILL YOUR FORM AND START EARNING
NOTE: You can finish reading this and decide not to take the necessary actions, but the next time you want to complain about not having money, just know that you are on your own problem.